Assisted Exercise Suite
Power-assisted exercise equipment is specifically designed for people with physical disabilities who need to exercise but could not or would not access a conventional gym. BodyBasic comprises of 17 specifically designed assisted exercise machines.
This technology allows a person to exercise in three modes: completely passively, to exercise with minimum effort or to exercise with full effort.
Benefits of the assisted gym programme are:
- Increased functional capacity
- Improved circulation
- Increased mobility and co-ordination
- Increased muscle strength, increased general health, fitness and wellbeing
- Improved mood and self-esteem
- Reduction in risk of stroke, heart disease, hypertension and diabetes.
We also have a treadmill and harness which allows us to de-weight those who need help with retraining in gait.
Following an assessment by one of our friendly, qualified physiotherapists, BodyBasic members are given a tailored exercise plan to follow.
For more information about the BodyBasic gym please get in touch by email: email@example.com or call on 0161 707 6441.