Many people with brain injury or neurological conditions have cognitive problems like memory, attention and concentration and general thinking skills including sequencing, planning and organisation. This is where our cognitive support programme can help.
“The Memory Workshop has been one of the most important things in helping me become confident and independent since my road traffic accident. If is a ‘safe place’ for me. The support from everyone involved is incredible and most appreciated”
The aims of the memory workshop are:
- To teach compensatory strategies to help people manage their cognitive problems better in everyday life
- To build confidence in dealing with cognitive problems
- To increase social skills
- To provide an enriched and stimulating environment to enhance thinking and help motivation
- To encourage socialisation with others and the exchange of ideas of managing cognitive problems