Acupuncture can work for patients in different ways. For instance, patients suffering from a traumatic brain injury can often have a range of complications that require cognitive, motor, communication, emotional and behavioural rehabilitation. Studies have shown that acupuncture is a beneficial treatment and rehabilitation tool for TBI.
Studies have shown that acupuncture can cause multiple biological responses, including circulatory and biochemical effects.
Acupuncture has also been shown to help improve the outcomes of post-concussion as well as improving clients:
- Enabled clients to come off anti-depressants
- Positively impact pain and lead to reductions in pain medication
- Improve sleep
- Improve feelings of well-being
- Reduce anxiety and panic attacks
- Promote relaxation
- Improve range of movement in arms.